Welcome to the National Parks
Britain's breathing spaces
There are 15 members of the National Parks family, beautiful areas of mountains, meadows, moorlands, woods and wetlands.
They are areas of protected countryside that everyone can visit, and where people live, work and shape the landscape.
And each one has an organisation that looks after the landscape and wildlife and helps people enjoy and learn about the area.
Learning about - need help with homework? All the answers here!
Visiting - outdoor activites and events for your visit to a National Park
Looking after - shows what we do and how you can join us
About us - explains who we are and what we do
Learning about the National Parks
- What is a National Park? Answers, facts, history and maps
- Who looks after National Parks, what do we do, what do we spend money on?
- Tourism, climate change, habitats and our communities all present challenges
- Hear from people in the Parks, farmers, shop owners and local communities living in National Parks
- Teachers, youth group leaders - we're here to help you plan lessons and field trips
- National Park Awards 2013 - Winners Announced
Northumberland National Park - 6 December
- Young People host Northumberland National Park Forum 2013
Northumberland National Park - 5 December
- Welsh marketer scoops top industry award
Pembrokeshire Coast National Park - 4 December