Nominations are welcome from active volunteers who are working within any of our UK National Parks:
- Brecon Beacons
- Lake District
- Loch Lomond and the Trossachs
- New Forest
- North York Moors
- Peak District
- Pembrokeshire Coast
- South Downs
- Yorkshire Dales
Awards deadline and categories
- The deadline for entries is midnight on Friday 22 September 2017.
- There are four awards, one for each of the following categories:
- Young Person
All category winners will receive a signed certificate.
In addition, the winners in each respective category will also be awarded the following:
- Individual winner – Outdoor kit kindly supplied by Columbia
- Young winner – Outdoor kit kindly supplied by Columbia
- Winning Group – £1k Bursary (Terms and Conditions apply)
- Winning Project - £1k Bursary (Terms and Conditions apply)
Terms and Conditions
- To be nominated you have to be an active volunteer working within any of our UK National Parks: Brecon Beacons; Broads; Cairngorms; Dartmoor; Exmoor; Lake District; Loch Lomond and the Trossachs; New Forest; Northumberland; North York Moors; Peak District; Pembrokeshire Coast; Snowdonia; South Downs; Yorkshire Dales.
- Nominations should be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org (or postal format submitted to National Parks UK's office marked UK National Parks Volunteer Award Scheme, National Parks UK, Plas y Ffynnon, Cambrian Way, Brecon, Powys, LD3 7HP).
- You can nominate more than one person/group but each nomination must be done on a separate nomination form.
- All entries must be completed on the official awards nomination form.
- The closing date for receipt of nominations is noon Friday 22 September 2017.
- There are four Awards, one for each of the following categories: Individual; Young Person; Group; and Project.
- The winning individual and young person will receive outdoor kit; the winning group and the winning project will each receive a bursary of £1k to facilitate future volunteering activity. All award winners will also receive a certificate. There is no cash or alternative award available, in whole or in part, and the award will be awarded directly to the winning nominees.
- First stage nominations will be selected by the All Parks Volunteer Co-ordinators Professional Group. Second stage nominations will be viewed by a selected panel of judges appointed by National Parks UK. There will be at least one independent representative/judge sitting on each panel in each stage of the nominations process.
- The representatives’ and judges’ decisions are final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- Up to 5 nominations will be shortlisted in each category. The judging panel will select the ultimate winner for each category. Details of the nominations will be available on the website.
- Those shortlisted may be asked for additional material if necessary to meet the judges' criteria. The winners will also be encouraged to make a short video film about their work to be used on the National Parks UK website. Copyright on all video material will be held by National Parks UK.
- The nominated individuals or groups, or those nominating them may be required to participate in publicity work, including promotion in the media and through online and print formats produced by National Parks UK. By entering the awards, you agree and provide consent to take part in such publicity with no further recompense.
- Entry into the awards signifies acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- National Parks UK reserves the right to withhold, change or cancel the awards in the event of non-compliance with these rules. National Parks UK also reserves the right at its discretion to amend the rules / terms and conditions at any time. Should this happen a notice will be displayed on these webpages.
- No responsibility is accepted by National Parks UK for entries lost, delayed, misdirected, incomplete or which cannot be entered for any technical or other reason. Proof of delivery of entry is not proof of receipt.
- National Parks UK may change its advertised panel of expert judges in the event of circumstances outside of its control.
- The award winners will be announced through general communications channels including the UK National Parks website and wider media. An exact date will be published nearer the time.
- As part of the awards process nominators will supply National Parks UK with contact details of their nominee, and this information will be used to contact them regarding a) additional information and b) to inform them that they are an award winner
- Any personal information, including, without limitation, your names, address, telephone number and/or email address will be used i) in connection with the awards ii) as set out in these terms and conditions. Personal data will not be disclosed to any third party, except to publicise the awards and for the purpose of fulfilling the award where applicable.
Promoters: National Parks UK; Plas y Ffynnon, Cambrian Way, Brecon, Powys, LD3 7HP