Activity: Jams in a Honeypot
This activity is based in Betws y Coed, Snowdonia National Park.
Key stage 3 - England and Wales
Level 3 - Scotland
This activity can be delivered by our education team, or you can lead yourself.
Discover the attractions of a honey pot site, it’s history and how it’s changed over time. Walk around Betws y Coed / Beddgelert to recognise the attractions then embark on map based fieldwork to record its features and use questionnaires to investigate the visitors impact on the National Park.
Students will have the opportunity to:
- explore a honey pot site and its surroundings within the National Park
- investigate interactions between the environment and people.
- to work together in a variety of different ways
- gather primary data through fieldwork
What you will need:
Contact our education team:
For more information or to book us to lead this activity
Tel: 01766 772 600
Fax: 01766 772609
Curriculum links (England):
- Community participation
- Global dimension and sustainable development
- Creativity and critical thinking