Activity: Discover Malham
This activity is based around the area of Malham, Yorkshire Dales National Park
Key stage 2 and 3 - England and Wales
Level 2 and 3 - Scotland
This activity is lead by our education team at the Yorkshire Dales National Park.
Circular walk to Malham Cove, Gordale Scar and Janet’s Foss, through some of the most spectacular UK limestone scenery; students will explore the landscape, wildlife, heritage and management issues of the area. This is a whole day activity, taking about 5 hours.
Students will learn that
- The National Park is a special place.
- The special qualities of the National Park are fragile and vulnerable.
- The National Park Authority helps to look after the National Park.
- Everyone can help to look after the National Park.
More like this:
A full range of tutored modules are available from the education team at the Yorkshire Dales National Park
Contact our education team:
Tel: 0300 456 0030
What you will need:
Curriculum links (England):
- KS2 Geography: places; environmental change; locality.
- KS3 Geography, Unit 13: Limestone landscapes of England.