Be a sustainable tourist
Help us look after our National Parks by being a sustainable and responsible tourist:
National Park ranger Alison Wilkie explains what school pupils can do to help
Follow the countyside code
- Plan your trip, check the weather forecast, take a map and suitable clothes
- Take all your litter home with you, it can be dangerous to animals and spread disease
- Follow signs and stick to footpaths, walking at edges causes erosion
- Leaves gates as you find them
- Don't move or damage any plants or rocks which provide homes for wildlife
- Keep dogs under control and on a lead when near farm animals
Following the Countryside Code is a small effort for every visitor with a big result for our protected landscapes! Help us make sure that our future generations can enjoy the same beautiful scenery we can today.
Outdoor activities - best places for walking, riding, boating and more
Access for all - ideas and information about easy access activities
Rights of way explained - where you can walk, ride, cycle and ramble
Local produce means fewer food miles and a great taste.