There are four residential centres run by National Park Authorities or their partners:
- Brecon Beacons - Danywenallt
- Exmoor- Pinkery Centre
- Lake District - Blencathra Centre
- Snowdonia - Plas Tan y Bwlch
Brecon Beacons: Danywenallt
Danywenallt is located in a safe environment well away from public roads. The Centre offers a friendly atmosphere with warm and comfortable accommodation. This, together with the excellent food and plenty of choice, provides the basis for an enjoyable visit.
- Accomodation for groups up to 36 people, most with en-suite showers
- An old farmhouse lounge with TV, DVD. and wood burning stove
- Involement in our EcoCentre project, with Green Flag status
- Exclusive use for groups of 20 or more
- Large range of courses fully for schools
Exmoor: Pinkery Centre for Outdoor Education
The residential Centre stands in a superb isolated setting on the southern side of The Chains, the high spine of Exmoor. At over 400 metres above sea level, it may be the highest education establishment in the country. The Centre's immediate environment offers a wealth of opportunities for work in a wide range of subjects, with groups of all ages, and its location also allows rapid access to the vast variety of habitats and landscapes of Exmoor.
- Accommodation for groups of up to 32, plus staff, in modern bedrooms, all of which have en-suite shower and toilet.
- Teaching room, two lounge areas, drying facilities and separate dining area.
- Self catering or catered courses by arrangement.
- Assistance available from trained staff to develop interesting and stimulating programmes linked to Key Stages or higher education.
- Outdoor Education as a medium for learning about, and enjoying the environment, offering activities such as climbing, mountain biking, orienteering etc as additional ways to engage young people with their environment. The Centre has an AALA license
- Involvement in our EcoCentre project, using our renewable energy, recycling, etc. Pinkery is an EcoCentre
Lake District: Blencathra Centre
Only a few minutes from Keswick, the Blencathra Centre has a magnificent panorama of the Lake District with its rich tapestry of high mountains, quiet pastures, wooded valleys, streams, lakes and settlements which provide a focus for the Centre's activities.
- 7 full time teaching staff to lead tutored courses or offer advice and support to school groups
- Six fully resourced teaching rooms, ICT provision, a library and recreation facilities.
- Public leisure courses ranging from photography and archaeology to species identification.
- Training and development for Training and development for environmental professionals.
Snowdonia: Plas Tan y Bwlch
Plas Tan y Bwlch occupies a superb position overlooking the valley of the river Dwyryd in the heart of Snowdonia National Park. It is surrounded by many places of great botanical, geological and historical interest, and these are the raw materials of the courses which are organised for you at the Study Centre.
Plas Tan y Bwlch offers:
- School visits and teacher training at a variety of locations in the National Park.
- Public courses ranging from arts and crafts, photography and singing to birdwatching and wildlife walks.
- Training and development for environmental professionals.