This activity can be done outdoors wherever there are trees! Works well in school grounds as well as within a National Park.
Key stage 2 - England and Wales
Levels 2 and 3 - Scotland
This activity is led by you.
To investigate the types of trees growing within the National Park. This activity enables students to identify, measure, record and get up close and personal with trees.
Students will have the opportunity to:
- Measure, identify and record information on a variety of tree types
- to work together in a variety of different ways
- gather primary data through fieldwork
Curriculum links (England):
- Geography Key Stage 2: 1a, b, c, e; 2a, b; 7a, c
- Science Key Stage 2: 2c, e, f, g
- Key skills: communications, application of numbers, working with others
- Thinking skills: information and processing skills, enquiry skills