Escape from urban sprawl to the pure tranquillity of the outdoors. A National Park is the ultimate "green gym" for all seasons. Whether you want peace and solitude or invigorating adventure, there's a place to suit you.
Outdoor activities - best places for walking, riding, boating and more
Access for all - ideas and information about easy access activities
Rights of way explained - where you can walk, ride, cycle and ramble
From guided walks to live music, children's fun days and wildlife watchings, there are events to suit everyone and many of them are free!
See where all the National Parks are in the UK, maps to download, interactive maps and maps to buy online.
Help at hand: Visitor centres and shops
Where to go, where to stay, what's on offer, guides maps and more. Our visitor centres are here to help.
Local produce means fewer food miles and a great taste.
Want to see our diverse landscapes, communities and activities on offer?
How to get here
Trains, buses, cycle routes and other sustainable ways to visit our National ParksGetting to National Parks
- The Ramblers Association - walking events throughout the UK
- Visit Britain - official tourism site for Britain
- Youth Hostels Association - budget hostel accommodation throughout the UK
- Bedsearcher for walkers - accommodation along popular walking routes
- Broads Authority - Visiting
- Countryside access in England
- Dartmoor National Park - Visiting
- Exmoor National Park - Visiting
- Lake District National Park - Visiting
- New Forest National Park - Visiting the National Park
- Northumberland National Park - Visiting
- North York Moors National Park - Discover the place
- Peak District National Park - Visiting
- South Downs - Visiting
- Visit England
- Yorkshire Dales National Park - Enjoying
- Brecon Beacons National Park - Visit the park
- Countryside council for Wales
- Pembrokeshire Coast National Park - Places to visit
- Snowdonia National Park -Recreation
- Visit Wales - official tourism site for Wales