Local recipes from the National Parks
Recipe for Velouté of Haggis laced with Glenfarclas
- 750ml good beef stock- preferably home made
- 100ml Glenfarclas 15yr old Malt Whisky
- 400g haggis, if possible choose quite a spicy haggis or just choose your favourite
- approximately 1 tablespoon heather honey, to taste
- 250ml double cream
- salt and freshly ground black pepper for seasoning
- 1 handful of fresh, finely chopped flat leaf parsley
How to make it:
- Over a high heat, reduce the stock by half then add the whisky and reduce by half again.
- Next add the haggis broken into small pieces and add honey to taste.
- Stir, breaking up the haggis, bring the soup to a simmer and add 200ml of the double cream. As the haggis melts and heats through it will thicken the soup.
- Now season to taste and add half of the parsley just before serving and a swirl of cream in each bowl.
A warming soup to serve after a day in the Cairngorm mountains.